How to Compress / Decompress AVI File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress AVI file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for AVI Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing AVI files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get AVI file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress AVI Files - C#
Online AVI Compression Live Demos
Compress AVI documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
AVI What is AVI File Format
The AVI file format is an Audio Video multimedia container file format that was introduced by Microsoft. It holds the audio and video data created and compressed using several codecs (Coders/Decoders) such as Xvid and DivX. Since different codecs can be used to encode the AVI contents, the retrieving applications i.e. AVI players, should be able to open these only if they have the required codecs installed with which the AVI contents were created. The format is supported by default on all Microsoft Windows platforms as well as by almost all other major platforms. Several applications and APIs provide the capability to create/save, read and convert AVI to other popular formats such as MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.