How to Compress / Decompress AZW File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress AZW file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for AZW Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing AZW files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get AZW file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress AZW Files - C#
Online AZW Compression Live Demos
Compress AZW documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
AZW What is AZW File Format
AZW is a digital ebook file format developed by Amazon for its Kindle devices. The format was adopted from MobiPocket eBook MOBI file format and DRM protection was applied for their usage on Kindle devices only. AZW files can store things like formatted text, bookmarks, and other information as is part of the Mobipocket .PRC files. DRM protected AZW files can't be read by other devices and can be read using Kindle devices. AZW files can be converted to a number of other file formats such as PDF, EPUB, AZW3, DOCX, and RTF. AZW files have internet media type application/vnd.amazon.mobi8-ebook.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.