How to Compress / Decompress AZW3 File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress AZW3 file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for AZW3 Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing AZW3 files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get AZW3 file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress AZW3 Files - C#
Online AZW3 Compression Live Demos
Compress AZW3 documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
AZW3 What is AZW3 File Format
AZW3, also known as Kindle Format 8 (KF8), is the modified version of the AZW ebook digital file format developed for Amazon Kindle devices. The format is an enhancement to older AZW files and is used on Kindle Fire devices only with backward compatibility for the ancestor file format i.e. MOBI and AZW. Amazon introduced KFX (KF version 10) format after KF8 that is used on the latest Kindle devices. AZW3 files have internet media type application/vnd.amazon.mobi8-ebook. AZW3 files can be converted to a number of other file formats such as PDF, EPUB, AZW, DOCX, and RTF.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.