How to Compress / Decompress CS File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress CS file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for CS Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing CS files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get CS file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress CS Files - C#
Online CS Compression Live Demos
Compress CS documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
CS What is CS File Format
Files with .CS extension are source code files for C# programming language. Introduced by Microsoft for use with the .NET Framework, the file format provides the low-level programming language for writing code that is compiled to generate the final output file in the form of EXE or a DLL. These can be created and compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio. Microsoft Visual Studio Express can also be used to create and update such files which is a free IDE. CS files are used for application development that can range from simple desktop applications to more complex programs. A simple Visual Studio project solution created with C# language can comprise of one or more such files. Files marked for inclusion in compilation are listed in the CSPROJ file which is part of the project and tells compiler to use the marked files.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.