How to Compress / Decompress CSPROJ File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress CSPROJ file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for CSPROJ Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing CSPROJ files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get CSPROJ file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress CSPROJ Files - C#
Online CSPROJ Compression Live Demos
Compress CSPROJ documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
CSPROJ What is CSPROJ File Format
Files with CSPROJ extension represent a C# project file that contains the list of files included in a project along with the references to system assemblies. When a new project is initiated in Microsoft VIiual Studio, you get one .csproj file along with the main solution (.sln) file. If there are more than one assemblies in a project, there will be equal number of project files as well where the .sln file ties them all together as part of the project. The contents of this file define all the requirements that are required to build the project such as content to include, the platfrom requirements, versioning information, web server or database server settings, and the tasks that must be performed. Contents of a project file are arranged in XML file format and can be opened in any text editor for editing as well as viewing. It also gives a logical view to the project files for proper arrangement.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.