How to Compress / Decompress DCM File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress DCM file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for DCM Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing DCM files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get DCM file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress DCM Files - C#
Online DCM Compression Live Demos
Compress DCM documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
DCM What is DCM File Format
Files with .DCM extension represent digital image which stores medical information of patients such as MRIs, CT scans and ultrasound images. It was developed by the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) and was meant to standardize the imaging file format for distribution and viewing of medical images. It is similar to DICOM file format and can include patient’s information for reference.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.