How to Compress / Decompress DJVU File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress DJVU file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for DJVU Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing DJVU files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get DJVU file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress DJVU Files - C#
Online DJVU Compression Live Demos
Compress DJVU documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
DJVU What is DJVU File Format
DjVu, pronounced as “déjà vu”, is a graphics file format intended for scanned documents and books especially those which contain the combination of text, drawings, images and photographs. It was developed by AT&T Labs. It uses multiple techniques like image layer separation of text and background images, progressive loading, arithmetic coding and lossy compression for bitonal images. Since DJVU file can contain compressed yet high-quality colour images, photographs, text, and drawings and can be saved in less space therefore, it's used on web as eBooks, manuals, newspapers, ancient documents, etc.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.