How to Compress / Decompress DNG File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress DNG file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for DNG Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing DNG files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get DNG file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress DNG Files - C#
Online DNG Compression Live Demos
Compress DNG documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
DNG What is DNG File Format
DNG is a digital camera image format used for the storage of raw files. It has been developed by Adobe in September 2004. It was basically developed for digital photography. DNG is an extension of TIFF/EP standard format and uses metadata significantly. In order to manipulate raw data from digital cameras with ease of flexibility and artistic control, photographers opt camera raw files. JPEG and TIFF formats store images that are processed by the camera, therefore not much room for alteration is available in such formats.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.