How to Compress / Decompress E00 File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress E00 file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for E00 Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing E00 files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get E00 file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress E00 Files - C#
Online E00 Compression Live Demos
Compress E00 documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
E00 What is E00 File Format
Files with E00 extension are ESRI ArcInfo Interchange files that are proprietary file format of ESRI. The purpose of the format was to exchange datasets in various ESRI formats between users of ESRI's ArcInfo software. The format was developed as ASCII representation and was purely meant for transfer of data. The requirement was at its highest when physical transfer had limits (e..g floppy disks) and such files used to be helpful by breaking and into a sequence of physical files. ESRI software modules exported all the definition and function files to a single large logical file.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.