How to Compress / Decompress EPS File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress EPS file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for EPS Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing EPS files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get EPS file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress EPS Files - C#
Online EPS Compression Live Demos
Compress EPS documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
EPS What is EPS File Format
FIles with EPS extension essentially describe an Encapsulated PostScript language program that describes the appearance of a single page. The name "Encapsulated" because it can be included or encapsulated in another PostScript language page description. This script based file format may contain any combination of text, graphics and images. EPS files may include a bitmap preview image encapsulated inside for display by applications that can open such files. EPS files can be converted to standard image formats such as JPG, PNG, TIFF and PDF using different applications e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and PaintShop Pro. Because of a security vulnerability in EPS files, Office 2016, Office 2013, Office 2010, and Office 365 have turned off the ability to insert EPS files into Office documents.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.