How to Compress / Decompress EXIF File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress EXIF file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for EXIF Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing EXIF files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get EXIF file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress EXIF Files - C#
Online EXIF Compression Live Demos
Compress EXIF documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
EXIF What is EXIF File Format
EXIF stands for “Exchangeable Image File Format”, the definition first given by Japan Camera Industry Association (JCIA) in 1985. The standard is managed by Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA) as of today. EXIF is a standard for the specifications of image and sound formats mainly used by digital cameras and scanners. Images are normally data and this data displays the images on screen. Images also have some additional data or information known as metadata about the image.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.