How to Compress / Decompress FILEGDB File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress FILEGDB file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for FILEGDB Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing FILEGDB files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get FILEGDB file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress FILEGDB Files - C#
Online FILEGDB Compression Live Demos
Compress FILEGDB documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
FILEGDB What is FILEGDB File Format
ESRI file Geodatabase (FileGDB) is a collection of files in a folder on disc that hold related geospatial data such as feature datasets, feature classes and associated tables. It requires certain other files to be kept alongside the .gdb file in the same directory for it to work. Queries can be executed on the .gdb file to manage spatial as well as non-spatial data.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.