How to Compress / Decompress GLB File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress GLB file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for GLB Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing GLB files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get GLB file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress GLB Files - C#
Online GLB Compression Live Demos
Compress GLB documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
GLB What is GLB File Format
GLB is the binary file format representation of 3D models saved in the GL Transmission Format (glTF). Information about 3D models such as node hierarchy, cameras, materials, animations and meshes in binary format. This binary format stores the glTF asset (JSON, .bin and images) in a binary blob. It also avoids the issue of increase in file size which happens in case of glTF. GLB file format results in compact file sizes, fast loading, complete 3D scene representation, and extensibility for further development. The format uses model/gltf-binary as MIME type.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.