How to Compress / Decompress GLTF File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress GLTF file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for GLTF Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing GLTF files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get GLTF file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress GLTF Files - C#
Online GLTF Compression Live Demos
Compress GLTF documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
GLTF What is GLTF File Format
glTF (GL Transmission Format) is a 3D file format that stores 3D model information in JSON format. The use of JSON minimizes both the size of 3D assets and the runtime processing needed to unpack and use those assets. It was adopted for the efficient transmission and loading of 3D scenes and models by applications. glTF was developed by the Khronos Group 3D Formats Working Group and is also described as JPEG of 3D by its creators. The format defines an extensible, common publishing format for 3D content tools and services that streamlines authoring workflows and enables interoperable use of content across the industry. The intention behind the creation of glTF file format was to define an extensible, common publishing format for 3D content tools and services that should streamline authoring workflows and enable interoperable use of content across the industry. It minimizes runtime processing by applications using WebGL and other APIs.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.