How to Compress / Decompress GML File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress GML file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for GML Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing GML files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get GML file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress GML Files - C#
Online GML Compression Live Demos
Compress GML documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
GML What is GML File Format
GML stands for Geography Markup Language that is based on XML specifications developed by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). The format is used to store geographic data features for interchange among different file formats. It serves as a modeling language for geographic systems as well as an open interchange format for geographic transactions on the internet.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.