How to Compress / Decompress HTM File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress HTM file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for HTM Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing HTM files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get HTM file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress HTM Files - C#
Online HTM Compression Live Demos
Compress HTM documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
HTM What is HTM File Format
Files with HTM extension represent Hypertext Markup Language for creating web pages for display in web browsers such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and a number of others. It defines the markups for creating static pages to be published on World Wide Web (WWW) for access by others. These markups tell the browsers how to display a web page's contents. Such pages can contain plain text, images, hyperlinks to other pages, videos and other media information. When a web page is published, you can have a look at the markup code behind it by viewing its page source. Modern browsers allow to inspect each section of a web page where each sub-division or markup element in the HTM source is elaborated.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.