How to Compress / Decompress ICO File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress ICO file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for ICO Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing ICO files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get ICO file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress ICO Files - C#
Online ICO Compression Live Demos
Compress ICO documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
ICO What is ICO File Format
Files with ICO extension are image file types used as icon for representation of an application on Microsoft Windows. These come in different size, colour support and resolution to suit the requirements of the display. Another similar image file format on Microsoft Windows is .CUR for cursor representation and defines a hotspot in the image header. On MacOS, ICNS file formats serve the same purpose as ICO files. Several online websites as well as applications provide the feature of creating such files and convert other image formats such as BMP, PNG, etc. to icon file format. The official IANA registered Internet media type for ICO files is image/vnd.microsoft.icon.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.