How to Compress / Decompress JP2 File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress JP2 file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for JP2 Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing JP2 files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get JP2 file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress JP2 Files - C#
Online JP2 Compression Live Demos
Compress JP2 documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
JP2 What is JP2 File Format
JPEG 2000 (JP2) is an image coding system and state-of-the-art image compression standard. Designed, using wavelet technology JPEG 2000 can code lossless content in any quality at once. Moreover, without any substantial penalty in coding efficiency, JPEG 2000 have the capability to access and decode the same content efficaciously into a variety of other resolutions and qualities. The code streams in JPEG 2000 is significantly scalable having regions of interest that provide the facility for spatial random access. Possessing Up to 16384 diverse components with the dimensions in terapixels, and precision that can be high as 38 bits/sample.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.