How to Compress / Decompress KFX File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress KFX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for KFX Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing KFX files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get KFX file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress KFX Files - C#
Online KFX Compression Live Demos
Compress KFX documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
KFX What is KFX File Format
A KFX file is an eBook that is created in the Amazon Kindle File Format 10 (KF10) for Kindle devices. Older versions of KIndle devices use AZW and AZW3 (KF8) file formats. KFX is an enhancement to previous versions with additional features specifically in terms of content layout presentation. It introduces new features like support for soft-hyphens using a new enhanced typesetting engine. It also introduces a new image file format called JXR, that has a higher compression ratio, and the new Bookerly font which is Kindle-exclusive font providing improved readability on digital devices. The format comes with enhanced capabilities such as multi-page thumbnails, contents auto-adjustment around images and videos at fixed locations resulting in improved page layout and DRM. To open and view such files, you can use Amazon Kinde app that is available for Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. Calibre is another eBook reader software application that can be used to read several different eBook file formats.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.