Compress and Decompress MBOX Formats in C#
Native and high performance MBOX document ZIP, TAR, GZIP, BZ2 compression and archive decompression using server-side zip archive library.
How to Compress / Decompress MBOX File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress MBOX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for MBOX Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing MBOX files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get MBOX file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress MBOX Files - C#
Online MBOX Compression Live Demos
Compress MBOX documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
MBOX What is MBOX File Format
MBox file format is a generic term that represents a container for collection of electronic mail messages. The messages are stored inside the container along with their attachments. Messages from an entire folder are saved in a single database file and new messages are appended to the end of the file. Numerous applications and API provide support for MBox file format such as Apple Mail and Mozilla Thunderbird.Read More
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.