How to Compress / Decompress MOV File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress MOV file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for MOV Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing MOV files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get MOV file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress MOV Files - C#
Online MOV Compression Live Demos
Compress MOV documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
MOV What is MOV File Format
Mov or QuickTime File format is multimedia container which is developed by Apple: contains one or more tracks, each track holds a particular type of data i.e. Video, Audio, text etc. Mov format is compatible both in Windows and Macintosh systems. Mov uses MPEG-4 coded for compression and tracks are maintained in objects called atoms which are placed in a hierarchical data structure.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.