How to Compress / Decompress MP3 File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress MP3 file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for MP3 Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing MP3 files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get MP3 file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress MP3 Files - C#
Online MP3 Compression Live Demos
Compress MP3 documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
MP3 What is MP3 File Format
Files with MP3 extension are digitally encoded file formats for audio files that are formally based on the MPEG-1 Audio Layer III or MPEG-2 Audio Layer III. It was developed by the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) that uses Layer 3 audio compression. Compression achieved by MP3 file format is 1/10th the size of .WAV or .AIF files. The format gives advantages of streaming such audio files over the internet for listening online that was previously not possible due to the large file sizes of audio files. Sound quality of an MP3 audio file can be controlled by parameter settings such as bit rate, sample rate, joint or normal stereo.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.