How to Compress / Decompress MPP File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress MPP file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for MPP Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing MPP files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get MPP file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress MPP Files - C#
Online MPP Compression Live Demos
Compress MPP documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
MPP What is MPP File Format
A file with MPP extension is Microsoft Project data file that stores information related to project management in an integrated manner. It is proprietary file format developed by Microsoft as file format for Microsoft Project (MSP) which is a project management application software. Besides MPP, MSP supports other file formats as well like project XML schema. Several APIs and applications provide the facility to convert MPP file format to others. Microsoft now has online Project Server where project management files can be uploaded for collaboration by multiple users.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.