How to Compress / Decompress MSG File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress MSG file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for MSG Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing MSG files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get MSG file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress MSG Files - C#
Online MSG Compression Live Demos
Compress MSG documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
MSG What is MSG File Format
MSG is a file format used by Microsoft Outlook and Exchange to store email messages, contact, appointment, or other tasks. Such messages may contain one or more email fields, with the sender, recipient, subject, date, and message body, or contact information, appointment particulars, and one or more task specifications. The properties that constitute the Message object, including are also a part of the MSG file. MSG file has headers, main message body, and hyperlinks as plain ASCII text. MSG files are also suitable with the programs that need Microsoft's Messaging Applications Programming Interface (MAPI).
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.