How to Compress / Decompress OFT File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress OFT file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for OFT Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing OFT files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get OFT file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress OFT Files - C#
Online OFT Compression Live Demos
Compress OFT documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
OFT What is OFT File Format
Files with .OFT extension represent message template files that are created using Microsoft Outlook. The pre-formatted layout set for message templates is then used for sending out emails with common information to save time. Such files can be generated by creating a new email, adding necessary information and then using the Save As Office Template (*.oft) dropdown from Microsoft Outlook. Users can open the OFT files by double clicking on it and it will open in associated application on that particular system.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.