How to Compress / Decompress OSM File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress OSM file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for OSM Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing OSM files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get OSM file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress OSM Files - C#
Online OSM Compression Live Demos
Compress OSM documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
OSM What is OSM File Format
OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a huge collection of volunteered geographic information stores in different types of files, using different encoding schemes to convert this data into bits and bytes. OSM is a collaborative effort toward the creation of a free editable map of the world. The primary output of this collaborative effort is geographic data rather than the map itself. The constraints on the use or availability of geographic information across much of the world triggers the need to create an OSM. The data available from OSM is ready to replace Google Maps for classical applications (Facebook, Craigslist etc.) and default data for GPS receiver’s applications. Although data quality is diverse across the world yet OpenStreetMap data can be conveniently compared with patent data sources.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.