How to Compress / Decompress OST File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress OST file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for OST Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing OST files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get OST file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress OST Files - C#
Online OST Compression Live Demos
Compress OST documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
OST What is OST File Format
OST or Offline Storage Files represent user's mailbox data in offline mode on local machine upon registration with Exchange Server using Microsoft Outlook. It is automatically created on the first use of Microsoft Outlook upon connectivity with server. Once the file is created, the data is synchronized with the email server so that it is available offline as well in case of disconnectivity from email server. OST files can user mailbox items such as emails, contacts, calendar information, notes, tasks and other similar data. Users can create emails and other data items in OST file even in the absence of connection to the server, but these will not be synchronized with the server. Once the connection is established, the local file is synchronized with the server again so that both the server and the local copy are at the same level of information.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.