How to Compress / Decompress PSB File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress PSB file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for PSB Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing PSB files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get PSB file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress PSB Files - C#
Online PSB Compression Live Demos
Compress PSB documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
PSB What is PSB File Format
Adobe photoshop saves files in two formats. Files having 30,000 by 30,000 pixels in size are saved with PSD extension and files larger than PSD upto 300,000 by 300,000 pixels are saved with PSB extension known as “Photoshop Big”. More specifically, PSB files can be as large as 4 EB (over 4.2 billion GB) with images that have a height and width of up to 300,000 pixels. PSDs, on the other hand, can be at maximum upto 2 GB and image dimensions of 30,000 pixels. PSB is also known as large format size for photoshop and supports all the photoshop features like layers, effects and filters.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.