How to Compress / Decompress SLN File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress SLN file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for SLN Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing SLN files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get SLN file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress SLN Files - C#
Online SLN Compression Live Demos
Compress SLN documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
SLN What is SLN File Format
A file with .SLN extension represents a Visual Studio solution file that keeps information about the organization of projects in a solution file. The contents of such a solution file are written in plain text inside the file and can be observed/edited by opening the file in any text editor. The information contained in a solution file remains persistent and is used to load the information associated with the solution such as projects and any other required information. The project files referenced by the solution file contain additional information to enable the environment for populating the hierarchy with that project's items. No data is stored in the .sln file, although project information can be written to the .sln file if required.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.