How to Compress / Decompress TNEF File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress TNEF file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for TNEF Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing TNEF files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get TNEF file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress TNEF Files - C#
Online TNEF Compression Live Demos
Compress TNEF documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
TNEF What is TNEF File Format
Transport Neutral Encapsulation Format (TNEF) is a Microsoft proprietary, for encapsulating email attachments based on Messaging Application Programming Interface (MAPI). Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server, entirely support TNEF while later decodes TNEF into MAPI and displays the formatted mails. An email attachment with TNEF encoding has a MIME type of MS-TNEF and stores as winmail/win.dat.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.