How to Compress / Decompress U3D File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress U3D file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for U3D Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing U3D files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get U3D file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress U3D Files - C#
Online U3D Compression Live Demos
Compress U3D documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
U3D What is U3D File Format
U3D (Universal 3D) is a compressed file format and data structure for 3D computer graphics. It contains 3D model information such as triangle meshes, lighting, shading, motion data, lines and points with color and structure. The format was accepted as ECMA-363 standard in August 2005. 3D PDF documents support U3D objects embedding and can be viewed in Adobe Reader (version 7 and onwards). U3D format was developed keeping in view the aim to establish a universal standard for three-dimensional data storage and exchange. However, the format finds its main utilization in encoding for 3D PDF rather than being used as an interchange format. Acrobat 3D converts a supported 3D file type to either U3D or PRC upon conversion into the PDF.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.