How to Compress / Decompress VCF File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress VCF file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for VCF Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing VCF files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get VCF file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress VCF Files - C#
Online VCF Compression Live Demos
Compress VCF documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
VCF What is VCF File Format
VCF (Virtual Card Format) or vCard is a digital file format for storing contact information. The format is widely used for data interchange among popular information exchange applications. Most operating systems such as Windows and MacOS come with default applications to create and open these files. A single VCF file can contain contact information for one or multiple contacts. A VCF file usually contains information such as contact's name, address, phone number, email, birthday, photographs and audio in addition to a number of other fields. Being supported by email clients and services, there is no loss of data during the transfer of contacts via using the vCard format. The media type for VCF file format is text/vcard.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.