How to Compress / Decompress VDW File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress VDW file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for VDW Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing VDW files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get VDW file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress VDW Files - C#
Online VDW Compression Live Demos
Compress VDW documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
VDW What is VDW File Format
VDW is the Visio Graphics Service file format that specifies the streams and storages required for rendering a Web drawing. A web drawing is a collection of drawing pages, shapes, fonts, images, data connections, and diagram update information that can be rendered as a vector or raster drawing. VDW files can be opened in Microsoft Visio as well but are primarily saved for use on web. Microsoft Visio offers the capability to convert Visio files to a number of different file formats including PNG, BMP, PDF and others.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.