How to Compress / Decompress VDX File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress VDX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for VDX Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing VDX files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get VDX file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress VDX Files - C#
Online VDX Compression Live Demos
Compress VDX documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
VDX What is VDX File Format
Any drawing or chart created in Microsoft Visio, but saved in XML format have .VDX extension. A Visio drawing XML file is created in Visio software, which is developed by Microsoft. Microsoft Visio has the capability to generate visual documents that can be used in presentations and documents. The Visio drawing XML file contains the visual objects and metadata details of the visual elements. Text can also be added to these visual elements Vision drawing XML file. These Visio drawing XML files are integrated with XML-based formatting standards and image data encoding specifications that allow its content to be rendered and stored by the Microsoft Visio software in the VDX file format.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.