How to Compress / Decompress VSDM File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress VSDM file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for VSDM Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing VSDM files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get VSDM file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress VSDM Files - C#
Online VSDM Compression Live Demos
Compress VSDM documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
VSDM What is VSDM File Format
Files with VSDM extension are drawing files created with Microsoft Visio application that supports macros. VSDM files are OPC/XML drawings that are similar to VSDX but also provide the capability to run macros when the file is opened. Macros are user defined actions/steps that are developed in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) and can be used to perform repeatitive tasks. VSDM file format was introduced with the launch of Microsoft Visio 2013. Visio files are used to create drawings that contain visual objects, flow charts, UML diagram, information flow, organizational charts, software diagrams, network layout, database models, objects mapping and other similar information. Files generated using Visio can also be exported to different file formats such as PNG, BMP, PDF and others.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.