How to Compress / Decompress VSSM File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress VSSM file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for VSSM Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing VSSM files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get VSSM file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress VSSM Files - C#
Online VSSM Compression Live Demos
Compress VSSM documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
VSSM What is VSSM File Format
Files with .VSSM extension are Microsoft Visio Stencil files that support provide support for macros. A VSSM file when opened allows to run the macros to achieve desired formatting and placement of shapes in a diagram. In general, Microsoft Visio is drawing software that allows to create files that can contain and represent user defined information in different shapes. The most common of these include, but not limited to, UML diagrams, flow charts, visual objects, information flow, organizational charts, software diagrams, network layout, database models, objects mapping and other similar information. Files generated using Visio can also be converted to different file formats such as PNG, BMP, PDF and others.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.