How to Compress / Decompress VSTX File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress VSTX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for VSTX Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing VSTX files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get VSTX file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress VSTX Files - C#
Online VSTX Compression Live Demos
Compress VSTX documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
VSTX What is VSTX File Format
Files with VSTX extensions are drawing template files created with Microsoft Visio 2013 and above. These VSTX files provide starting point for creating Visio drawings, saved as .VSDX files, with default layout and settings. In general, Visio files are used to create drawings that contain visual objects, flow charts, UML diagram, information flow, organizational charts, software diagrams, network layout, database models, objects mapping and other similar information. Files generated using Visio can also be exported to different file formats such as PNG, BMP, PDF and others. Programs that open VSTX files include Microsoft Visio for Windows and Mac that let you open these files for viewing and editing. It also allows to convert Visio file formats to a number of other formats.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.