How to Compress / Decompress WEBP File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress WEBP file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for WEBP Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing WEBP files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get WEBP file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress WEBP Files - C#
Online WEBP Compression Live Demos
Compress WEBP documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
WEBP What is WEBP File Format
WebP, introduced by Google, is a modern raster web image file format that is based on lossless and lossy compression. It provides same image quality while considerably reducing the image size. Since most of the web pages use images as effective representation of data, the use of WebP images in web pages results in faster loading of web pages. As per Google, WebP lossless images are 26% smaller in size compared to PNGs, while WebP lossy images are 25-34% smaller than comparable JPEG images. Images are compared based on the Structural Similarity (SSIM) index between WebP and other image file formats. WebP is a sister project of WebM multimedia container format.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.