How to Compress / Decompress WMV File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress WMV file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for WMV Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing WMV files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get WMV file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress WMV Files - C#
Online WMV Compression Live Demos
Compress WMV documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
WMV What is WMV File Format
The Advanced Systems Format (ASF) is a digital multimedia container designed primarily for storing and transmitting media streams. Microsoft Windows Media Video (WMV) is the compressed video format and Microsoft Windows Media Audio (WMA) is the compressed audio format along with additional metadata in the ASF container developed by Microsoft. Once the wmv or wma files are encoded with Windows Media Video and Windows Media Audio codecs then they are represented with .ASF extension. WMV compresses large files for better transmission rate over a network while maintaining the quality of the video. WMV is specifically designed to run on all Windows devices. After the standardization by Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineer (SMPTE), WMV is now considered to be an open standard format.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.