How to Compress / Decompress X3D File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress X3D file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for X3D Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing X3D files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get X3D file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress X3D Files - C#
Online X3D Compression Live Demos
Compress X3D documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
X3D What is X3D File Format
X3D is an XML based 3D graphics file format for presentation of 3D information. It is a modular standard and is defined through several ISO specifications. The format supports vector and raster graphics, transparency, lighting effects, and animation settings including rotations, fades, and swings. It became successor of VRML file format in 2001. X3D has the advantage of encoding colour information (unlike STL) that is used during printing the model on a colour 3D printer. The format features extensions to VRML, providing the capability to encode the scene using an XML syntax as well as the Open Inventor-like syntax of VRML97 or binary formatting.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.