How to Compress / Decompress XER File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress XER file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for XER Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing XER files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get XER file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress XER Files - C#
Online XER Compression Live Demos
Compress XER documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
XER What is XER File Format
The XER file format is a proprietary project file format used by Primavera P6 project planning and management application. Like MPP file format, this file format stores data related to project planning such as tasks, resources, timelines, and materials. Primavera is developed by Oracle and provides the capability of complete project planning and finds its applications in several practical fields such as oil and gas, construction, manufacturing, etc. It helps project managers plan, schedule, and control large-scale programs and individual projects by integrating with financial management and human capital management systems. A number of software and APIs can read and convert XER file to other popular project file formats such as XML and MPP.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.