How to Compress / Decompress XOML File Using C#
In order to compress or decompress XOML file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document compression and decompression API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.ZIP and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
PM> Install-Package Aspose.ZIP
Steps for XOML Files Compression in C#
Developers can easily zip folders, single or multiple files programmatically with just few lines of code.
- Define folder path containing XOML files.
- Create Object of Archive.
- Using the Archive object, load file with a full path using its CreateEntry method.
- Call the Save() method and pass the compressed file name (full path) as a parameter.
- Now you will get XOML file as a zip file in a relevant folder without using any zip, rar or any other compatible program.
Our APIs are supported on all major platforms and Operating Systems. Before executing the code below, please make sure that you have the following prerequisites on your system.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.ZIP for .NET DLL referenced in your project - Install from NuGet using the Download button above
Compress XOML Files - C#
Online XOML Compression Live Demos
Compress XOML documents right now by visiting our Live Demos website . The live demo has the following benefits
XOML What is XOML File Format
XOML is acronym for Extensible Object Markup Language and is a serialization format for Windows Workflow Foundation's workflow objects. Based on XAML, it is mostly used for creating user interfaces in plain XML. These are used to declare the workflow for user interface and are compiled along with the separate file containing implementation logic. It contains a tree based structure that defines a root workflow node, nested sub-elements and embedded segments of code. When a new workflow is created with Visual Studio for .NET, it has an option for you to choose whether it should be in Code format or Code Separated format. In case you select the later one, the IDE will create two files for you; one in XOML format (consisting of workflow layout and settings), and other is in .CS/.VB format where the programming code resides.
Other Supported Compression / Decompression Formats
Using C#, One can also compress / decompress many other formats including.