Unlock DOTX Document via C#
Remove protection from Word documents including DOTX file using .NET library.
How to Unlock DOTX File Using C#
In order to remove protection DOTX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document protection API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Words and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Words
Unlock DOTX via C#
Developers can easily unlock Microsoft Word DOTX files by executing the following workflow.
- Load protected document in an instance of Document class
- Call Document.Unprotect method to remove protection
- Save the result back in DOTX format with Doucment.Save method
Before integrating code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Azure, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.Words for .NET referenced in your project
C# example code to unlock DOTX file password
// load DOTX document var docx = new Document("protected.dotx"); // unprotect document docx.Unprotect(); // save the document back in DOTX format docx.Save("unprotected.dotx");