HTML JPG PDF XML DOTX
Unlock DOTX Document via C#
Remove protection from Word documents including DOTX file using .NET library.
How to Unlock DOTX File Using C#
In order to remove protection DOTX file, we’ll use
API which is a feature-rich, powerful and easy to use document protection API for C# platform. Open
package manager, search for Aspose.Words and install. You may also use the following command from the Package Manager Console.
Package Manager Console Command
PM> Install-Package Aspose.Words
Unlock DOTX via C#
Developers can easily unlock Microsoft Word DOTX files by executing the following workflow.
- Load protected document in an instance of Document class
- Call Document.Unprotect method to remove protection
- Save the result back in DOTX format with Doucment.Save method
Before integrating code, make sure that you have the following prerequisites.
- Microsoft Windows or a compatible OS with .NET Framework, .NET Core, Windows Azure, Mono or Xamarin Platforms
- Development environment like Microsoft Visual Studio
- Aspose.Words for .NET referenced in your project
C# example code to unlock DOTX file password
// load DOTX document var docx = new Document("protected.dotx"); // unprotect document docx.Unprotect(); // save the document back in DOTX format docx.Save("unprotected.dotx");
.NET Words API can be used to load, view and convert Microsoft Word and OpenDocument Formats like DOC, DOCX, ODT to PDF, XPS, HTML and various other formats. You can also create new documents from scratch and save them in the supported formats. It is a standalone API that is suitable for server side and backend systems where high performance is required. It does not depend on any software like Microsoft or OpenOffice.